Lockdown is over but still some restrictions are in place. Even if interstate travel opens people will not look for long haul travels for a long time given the risk of infection and unpredictable situation. Whenever travel opens people will in all probability will look for local travel and what will be the options for the travel loving people of Bangalore? Lets check a set of options which would be good in terms of social distancing, cost, comparatively less foot fall, distance to the destination etc. We will only consider places in the state of Karnataka as of now:
- KSTDC Hotel Mayura Valley View, Medikeri, Coorg – Coorg is like Bangalore’s distressing backyard. And at this trying times of Covid pandemic is an awesome place to visit if possible. Read more article on Madikeri tour. If possible you may trying visiting Dubare, Kushalnagar, Cauvery Nisargadhama, Golden temple – Bylkuppe, Nagarhole.
- Pearl Valley – I have visited pearl valley 4 times. In 2004, 2010, 2014 and 2019. One can easily do a half day trip to Muthya Lamaduvu or pearl valley. I would suggest trying early morning trip here which is very enjoyable.
- Melukote – Read my another article on Melukote.
- https://www.travelingbeats.com/blog/bath-shivanasamudram-gaganachukki-falls – Read about our bike trip there.
- Nandi Hills
- Jayamangali Blackbuck Reserve Forest, Maidenahalli
- Nijagal Betta
- kokkere Bellur
- BR Hills, karnataka
- Madhugiri Fort
- Manchanabele Dam Backwaters – You can also visit nearby Magadi and Savandurga.
- Nrityagram near Bangalore
- kanva Reservoir
The above list also makes good weekend gateways from Bangalore during normal times. Let me know if you think some other places can also make to this list based on the conditions I listed above.
While or if you travel do take care to wear masks, use hand gloves, use anti viral – anti bacterial sanitizer, wash hands, take bath at the end of your travel day. Precaution against corona virus is important.