Travelers also have a love for the road apart from the destinations. Every geographical area throws a challenge for roads and influences how the road is. Today, I am going share with you some strange roadways, you will be amazed at the very sight.
1. The High Five Interchange, The USA: It is located in Allas, Texas. This 5 level flyovers reaches as high as a 12 story building. It was competed in December 2005. Read more ……
2. Highway 1, Iceland: Highway 1 is like outer ring road of Bangalore. Completed in 1974 it circles the whole Iceland.
3. The Atlanterhavsveien, Mxre Og Romsdal, Normay: This road is located in the Artic region of Norway which connects an archipelago of 8 islands. It was completed in 1989 and is around 5.4 mile. Read more …..
4. Karakoram Highway, Gilgit – Baltisan, Pakistan: This 800 mile highway connected Pakistan and China through the Karakoram and Pamir mountain ranges. It opened in 1986. Read more …..
Refer more: http://karakoramhighway.blogspot.com
5. Hana Highway, Maui, Hawaii: This stretch is said to be one of the most scenic drives in the world. It runs along the northern cost of Maui. Read more ….
6. Passo Dello Stelvio, Lombardy, Italy: This road on the Alps of Italy is one of the most dangerous roads with sharp turns. Read more ….
7. Trollstigen Rauma, Norway: Opened in 1936, this road passes thorough scenic mountain ranges of Norway.
8. Yungas Road, La Paz, Bolivia: Yungas road on the Andes mountain range is also known as the road of death. Roads are very narrow at places and accidents are common. Read more …..
9. Capulin Volcano road, Capulin, Mexico: This road just ascends the mouth of a previously erupted volcano called Capulin in Mexico. The road is so narrow that even passing a vehicle is difficult.
10. The Magic Roundabout, Swindon, London: The junction was earlier know as Country Island ring Junction but was later names as Magic Roundabout Junction. Opened in 1972 it lets over 1000 cars to pass in an hour. Read more ….