It was all but a natural next step for Ola. As it was already providing intra city cab services, it was better placed to provide outstation services. This will help a lot of people to easily and quickly book cars for outstation travel from Bangalore. As this cars will be managed by a well know brand like Ola, it should also increase better customer service and accountability. This is a god send for unplanned travel and will be definitely enjoyed by frequent travelers / travel bloggers.
How to book your outstation travel on Ola mobile app?
- Open the Ola App
- Choose the ‘Outstation’ category
- Enter the drop location
- Enter the number of days for your trip (1-10 days)
- Click ‘Confirm’ and get your ride within 2 hours
Refer the screenshot below to notice the new outstation icon.
I checked Ola’s blog post on June 1, 2016 for outstation category launch and found some interesting details:
There are some terms and conditions to the usage:
- Cabs are subject to availability (this is well known )
- Maximum expected time of arrival is 2 hours ( This is good)
- All payments will be made in cash (did drivers did not agree to Ola money!!)
- Your ride is always billed as a round trip. ( If you are going to travel one way than this is a loss making deal). Refer the app for complete details of fare.
|City||Type||Base fare||Per km Charges||Night Charges||Ride time charges|
|Bangalore||Mini||Rs 2250 for first 250 kms for 24 hours||Rs 9/km||Rs 250 per night||NA|
|Bangalore||Prime||Rs 2500 for first 250 kms for 24 hours||Rs 11/km||Rs 250 per night||NA|
The rates for Delhi – NCR region is lesser than Bangalore.
Rs 8 / KM for Mini
Rs 10 / KM for Prime
Also, the base fare for mini is Rs 2000, where as it is Rs 2250 in Bangalore. Just thinking what makes things outright costlier in Bangalore!!